make history relevant to teenage brains through pictures
Ready to make a difference where it counts? For kids today, that means working with IMAGES: art, photos, and video. And, History is full of those! In this one-day workshop, you'll see how to make history ultra-relevant to your students. You'll help them decode the messages in media and allow them to sort out fact from fiction, for themselves. You'll watch their eyes light up when they realize just how meaningful history can be!
- Wants to make a real difference by helping kids understand History?
- Doesn't want to lose the lessons of the past, or have history repeat itself?
- Wants to finds some way to make teens eager to learn?
- Would love to connect History to students' everyday lives?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, come to Labragirl Media Project's one-day intensive workshop "History Made Real".
You'll walk away with:
- Practice decoding modern and historical photos, art, and video, to find the truth;
- Lesson plan ideas to inspire teens to get the truth from any primary source;
- A time-saving curriculum packet to apply this tool with images and primary sources that have shaped history; and
- The ability to make any current event relevant to a historical theme, so kids stay engaged.
You'll also inspire them to use their smartphones for good, by taking pictures that matter, and videos that can truly shape history!
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR, LAURIE CHIN SAYRES:
Laurie Chin Sayres teaches teens and young adults how to read pictures and decode media messages. A classroom teacher and video editor, Chin Sayres gives students the tools to help them think for themselves, rise above the lies of the manipulative media, and create the next generation of inspiring communication.
Read more about Laurie Chin Sayres:
Curious? Have questions?
|Date:||Thursday, July 27, 2017|
|Time:||9:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Location:||CRASH, 2555 Walnut, Denver, Colorado, 80205|
|General Entry Price:|
Early Bird Special. Register by June 15th for the early bird special price of $157.