Do you want to equip your students with an essential 21st century critical thinking skill?
Labragirl's Media Literacy programs will give you tools to help students move from unconsciously consuming media images to thinking critically about the ways moving images shape the way they perceive people, places, and nations.
Is a Labragirl Film Project media literacy professional development program right for you?
- Are you a social studies, language arts, or humanities teacher who wants to bring media & film literacy to your students in academically meaningful ways?
- Not sure of how media literacy differs from film literature, film studies, or film production?
- Do you want to help students move from unconsciously consuming media to thinking critically about moving images?
- Do you want to exercise your creativity within the CCSS system?
- Are you a history teacher who wants to help your students see the direct applicability of history to daily life?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, let's talk film!
Labragirl's film literacy teacher professional development workshops programs provide teachers with tools to help students:
- Move from passively consuming images to thinking critically about moving images;
- Successfully navigate an increasingly media saturated world;
- Engage in sophisticated conversation about how moving images shape our understanding of the past; and
- Integrate classroom learning with real-life experiences.
Bring Media Literacy into Your School With a Labragirl Film Project Professional Development Program
"Moving from consumption to thinking critically is a key point because our society is saturated with moving images and every day that's increasing and moving towards super saturation. So, film really plays a significant role in shaping the way we see the world and to help students become aware of that will not only engage them in the classroom, but also help them as they move throughout the world."
—Laurie Chin Sayres
Choose From one of the following AY '14-'15 Labragirl Teacher PD Programs
Bring a Labragirl Film Project media & film literacy PD program to your school to help students move from unconsciously consuming media images to thinking critically about the way moving images shape the way they see the world.
|Level 1: Film Literacy Know-How|
|Level 2: Regaining Academic Creativity|
|Level 3: From Student To Citizen|
Teachers and students will:
Ready for Labragirl? Still have questions?
Or, send us an email at email@example.com.